Happy Father's Day!

We had a nice relaxing Father's Day. Well, if you consider running part of a marathon relaxing... I didn't run (surprise, surprise!!), but my hubby did the 10Km and our youngest son joined him for the first time (he ran the 5Km). We were very proud of him as he is quite new to long-distance running, but he kept up an awesome pace that even his Dad found challenging to match. They ran the first little bit together and Paul said running with him helped improve his own time this year! In my opinion they looked very cute in their matching running wear...I was a proud mum/wife!!


Later in the day, we had a nice BBQ with
another family who had participants in the
race. My friend Krissy and her family live right on the race route and every year they set up a sprinkler for the overheated runners and hand out freezies. Sophie and I always help out and everyone has a lot of fun cheering the runners on. Last year, Krissy and I vowed we'd do the 5Km this year....let's just say we were back on freezie patrol again!! Maybe next year...

I hope everyone had a happy Father's Day and if you were lucky, went out to eat- or if you are like me (sigh) had a hubby who wanted a BBQ with all the fixings! Oh well, a good time was had by all and maybe next year I'll be too sore from running to cook!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...