Sweets for the sweet...





Pink, blue, yellow...these were always my favorite colours of bubble gum, not because they tasted any different from the other little balls in the machine, but because they were the prettiest. As you know, I am drawn to pink. But pale shades of blue and yellow run a close second. Throw in some white and I'm in decorating heaven!


There is something so soothing about these colours, especially in summer. I can feel myself relax each night when I am in my livingroom which is done in soft shades of silver sage, cream, touches of pale yellow and pale blues. I love how clean these colours can feel. I don't want cozy or intense at this time of year. I want cool, fresh, serene...And don't worry about me in the winter - I light my gas fireplace, plunk myself in my favorite chair and I'm toasty warm.



I love seasonal decorating for this reason. I love to rotate pillows, throws, mantel decor, even curtains with the seasons. With summer here, I love the process of peeling back the layers of my home...lightening things up, and bringing in touches of seaside and flowery accessories. So if you are someone who normally "plays it safe", bring forth the pinks, the yellows, the blues and soft greens. Lighten up a little...and have some fun putting a little summer into your space!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...