Outdoor water features














Another (yes another) thing on my outdoor wish list is a little garden pond. You know the type...small, encircled with lots of stone, goldfish swimming within, a little fountain giving it just the right amount of authenticity...so pretty. My friend Janet has one, and although I have yet to sit and enjoy it, I certainly plan to!! I can just picture us...blissfully sipping our diet Cokes while the kids play in her pool and then...SPLASH...yeah, yeah, I'm daydreaming again!! Anyway, because I can't find the room in my yard to have one (and with town bylaws I'd probably need a 5 ft fence around it!!), I will just have to enjoy other people's.

Determined to incorporate a water feature of my own, I purchased a wall fountain for my deck. It is just the right size and after plugging it in...voila...perfectly trickling water. Well, maybe a little too strong a trickle. I get the feeling it will be triggering too many trips to the bathroom if we're sitting out with friends drinking some summer cocktails... Oh well, that's better than seeing one of my cats with a poor little goldfish hanging from its mouth! See how life gets in the way of decorating perfection? A perfect example of reality vs. fantasy!! I say, if you want a low maintenance/low-cost water feature, try a nice birdbath. Not only will you be adding some interest to your garden, but you will also be providing a lovely spot for the birds in your yard to cool off.











I will leave you with some wonderful examples of outdoor water features you can aspire to, or like me, just continue to dream of. Besides, living just 15 minutes from one of the most beautiful beaches in Atlantic Canada, I have absolutely nothing to complain about!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...