Sophie's pool party...just for the fun of it!!







As you know, we have just put in an above-ground pool. Well, my little girl is so happy with it, I decided to throw her a little party so she could celebrate the start of the summer with a few of her little friends. Of course what better theme for a pool party is there than a Hawaiian theme? Oh yes- all my favorite colours, grass skirts, pink fizzy drinks with little umbrellas in them, funny bathing caps...lots of fun things!!


We decided to serve some "nuggets 'n' fries" in some cute take-out containers from Michael's. They were a dollar a piece and made the food look all the better. Lots of watermelon was eaten and we tried our hand at making snow cones with my new machine I purchased at Target. The girls loved cranking out their treat and I loved cleaning up the sticky syrup!! All in fun!!




















Sophie had drawn the sweetest picture of herself and her friends swimming in our pool a while back, so I thought, why not use it as her invitation? We photocopied it and when I told her we were going to go around delivering them, she declared it the "best day ever". To me, every day spent with my little girl is my "best day ever!", even if it does mean cleaning up sticky syrup from my deck!!






***Next up for me, a surfing-themed "end of school party" for my youngest son and a "birthday party by the pool" for my eldest son. I'm going to be busy!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...