Numbered, lettered, labelled...and that's that!!



























Well. after such a long post yesterday, here's a short one! I love anything that has markings on it - well decoratively speaking. I can't imagine I'll ever let that spread to my wardrobe, but if you ever see me cruising around with a sweatshirt that says, "Mother", or "I'm with Stupid", tackle me and do an intervention!! No, I'm strictly talking home decor here. I don't know what draws me to things that are labelled, maybe it is the practicality of it all. After all, I have guests now and then. They surely need to know which tin has sugar in it, where to find the laundry powder, and that they can have sweet dreams here. Yep, I'm just looking out for everyone else when I pick up a see-thru straw holder that says Straws. I'm that kind of a gal!



Have a look at my "collection". Some might find it a bit much, but I actually have practiced a bit of restraint. I don't want to get too themey, after all! In my opinion, the best kind of labelled/numbered items are the vintage ones. It can't be too corny if our more reserved ancestors did it... Have fun scouting out a few for your home. Do it for your "guests"...and it certainly won't hurt if you have a husband or kids who are always needing directions to everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...