Our Beauty-ful Day!!




I just had one of those days where you think "all is right with the world". My good friend Debbie invited Sophie and me to go to see Beauty and the Beast at Neptune Theater with her and her daughter. It was one of the best musicals I have ever seen! The caliber of talent that Neptune (in Halifax) presents is unbelievable and worth every red cent (it cost $120 for our two tickets...ouch!). The costumes and set were gorgeous and Sophie and I sat mesmerized by this feast for our eyes and ears!!
I have always vowed that I want Sophie to love music and musical theater as much as I do but I have never taken her to Neptune before today. Well, she proved to me she is ready and that my money will not be wasted. She sat through 2 1/2 hrs of performance and barely squirmed. Every now and then she'd take my hand and squeeze it in happiness or rest her head on my shoulder during a scary Beast scene. I feel so lucky to have a little girl to share moments like today with...
Debbie and I both could not get over what good company the girls were. We went to Salty's on the waterfront for dinner and we laughed and laughed all through dinner. Debbie is my "funny friend" and I defy anyone not to enjoy her company! We were all incredibly silly and the other patrons got a kick out of the belly laughs coming from the girls... it was a day to remember and I got a little glimpse of the fun, girly moments ahead of me with Sophie where we are not only mother and daughter, but friends. Thanks Debbie, for motivating me to go and for a great memory for me and Sophie, and hopefully for you and your sweet girl.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...